Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Magnolia Facebook Edwin Wishes Happy Birthday!


Hello Dearest Readers,

This post is written with mixed feelings. The closing of Magnolia-licious is sad. I have so loved creating for Diana over all these years. When I look back at my first card creations, they have become so much better over time. I will miss the opportunity to create with inspiration as the goal. I also wonder if I will lose my interest in card making, Tilda, and all that it entails. Will I revert back to cooking and baking which was my previous passion along with scrapbooking? I stopped scrapbooking after creating 33 12 x 12 binders that are filled to the brim with pages documenting our lives. I wonder what may lay ahead.

For my Anything Goes Magnolia-licious card, I have chosen to use Facebook Edwin. Here is my card:


I wanted to keep it masculine. I was tempted to put "like" or "love" on it, but since it was a birthday card, I didn't think it appropriately fit the theme. I used lots of layering as well as machine stitching and cheesecloth for texture. I had these little clear acrylic embellishments which I thought would be a subtle accent on key graphic components (35, birthday, and celebrate). Edwin has been watercolored.

Here is a photo of the interior:


For the interior, I used Doohickey Dies for the balloons, Bazzill buttons, Heidi Swapp photo corners, machine stitching, twine, Bazzill card stock, and MME paper. The empty "flag" on the right is for a personal message.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Don't forget and check out the gorgeous designs my teamies have created! They are posted on the Magnolia-licous Challenge Blog.

I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris

1 comment:

Guida Machado said...

Very cute! Love it!!!
Hugs,
Guida