Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Edwin With Derby Hat Valentine Card




Good morning, dearest readers,

Can you believe I'm back again so soon? Well, don't get used to it! LOL I've been working on today's card for three days now. Hubby has been coming in and out of my craft room. I think he suspects that I'm working on his Valentine's Day card. I've managed to keep it under wraps! I thought I'd share it with you today.

I just love the Edwin with Derby Hat image. He's ideal for masculine cards. I wanted my husband's card to be masculine yet have the Valentine feel. Here are the photos:



No ribbon on this card. I did add some lace because it resembled an old crocheted table cloth. It also matched with the flowers on the title panel. I did add flowers. I had to do something for me! LOL I used Go Kreate dies for the shape of the card. I also used a ton of dies. The vintage bicycle is a Memory Box die. The heart border on the left is Whiff of Joy, I think. I'm not sure on that one. The Viewmaster die is a Magnolia Doohickey Die. I chose to add alphas behind it to be part of the sentiment for the front. I loved that the alpha stickers fit perfectly in the open squares. The heart on the ribbon die is called Precious Hearts by Memory Box. I had some red pearl hearts, so I added them as accents.

Here is the inside of my card:



On the inside left, I have used my humor to create a pun using the Magnolia Mustache Doohickey Die. I also used a label maker for the words. I want it to say, "I mustache(must ask) you a question..." Then, over on the right side you will find the question - "Will you be my Valentine?" I tried to be clever! LOL

I used a Marianne Design Lovebird die on the left. I wanted to keep it simple since it is for a gentleman. The right side features a black doily die. I liked that it had hearts. I also had a smaller set of dies that matched the shape of the card. The heart on the lower left is from Whiff of Joy.

Well, that's the card I made for the love of my life. If you liked it, let me know! Since no one has seen it, I am dying to know what fellow cardmakers think! LOL

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! I'll be back next week with another card to share!

XO,

Chris

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


Bearly Mine Challenges - Vintage Romance - ends 2/28

*Magnolia Down Under Challenges #229 - Hearts and Flowers - ends 2/22

Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Feb. Challenge Hearts & Flowers - ends 3/9

Card Mania Challenge - #40 Love is All Around - ends 3/21

*Dutch Magnolia Lovers#74 - Valentine's Day - ends 2/15

Feeling Crafty Challenge #25 Dies and Punches - ends 2/28

28 comments:

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely fantastic! Love it!

Suzi Mac said...

This is even more fabulous now that I've seen the inside, That sentiment using the moustache is genius. Hugs Suzi x

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Bearly Mine Challenge. We wish you good luck and hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

Marrie said...

This is so beautiful I love your card!!!

Hugs Marrie

Keti's Projects said...

This is gorjuss. I love your coloring.

Candy said...

Fabulous card. Chris!!
Love you pun on the inside - you are so clever.
I can tell the whole card was made with a lot of love.
Big Hugs, Candy

Janie Printz said...

The man is going to fall in love all over again !!! This is brilliant Chris... Love the little humor you added & that chalk looking blackboard is fabulous with the main sentiment & white flowers. This is a fabulous card for a guy with the little woman's touch...also love the perfect colors ...
XO, JANIE

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, WOW, Chrissy! He is going to propose to you all over again. This card is just awesome and in spite of all the layers the color scheme really keeps it masculine. How creatively and wonderfully you've made the inside...my jaw dropped to the floor when I scrolled down to your other photos. So much love poured into this card and he'll be thrilled...hugs...Barb

Christina C. said...

Your hubby is a lucky man....phenomenal card, Chris!

Cindy :) said...

Wow Chris....fantastic, so awesome, I love your pun with the moustache, that's so cute!! He'll love it for sure, well done!!
Happy Valentine's Day to you as well, hope you get spoiled! ;)

Karen said...

Fabulous Valentine for hubby! I love every detail!

Shawn said...

Oh my gosh I am gobsmaked as the British would say! So much thought , clever deliberations went on in your brain for sure. I Love everything about it, black and red, the perfect combination. Moustache made me giggle. Chris I think the is possibly one of your best cards ever, right up there with Lucky Cowboy Edwin! Hugs xx

Unknown said...

WOW, Chris, what a wonderful, wonderful card hun, so much detail going on here along with this fabulous image, stunning colours, too, many thanks for joining us at Feeling Crafty this month, best of luck hun xxx

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I'm sure hubby will be delighted, love the colour choice and wonderful design, nice work my friend, Happy Valentines Day
Hugs Julie P

Franz♥ said...

Woooow Chris! Totally love your design on this card, everything is just perfect for this super cute Edwin!

Thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at MDUC :)

Hugs, Franz.

RenateKreativ said...

Hi Chris
wow beautiful card, love it.
Hugs Renate

cathylynn said...

Very Creative!! This is an awesome Masculine card. Fabulous inside and out!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Laura said...

This is just so totally awesome! You have great imagination and style. I know the hubster will love it!
Hugs,
Laura c.

NPurdum56 said...

What a great masculine card! I love those dies!!!!! Just "handsome"! Nancee :)

Anonymous said...

super cute Chris! Love the bike on the front and the way you added a sentiment to the view master die! CUTE!

Unknown said...

wow I love this card and the black, white and red colours are fantastic.
Great job.
Francy

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card you made! I like all details :-))
Thank you for playing along with us at Bearly Mine and I hope to see you again!
Hugs, Andreja

Nicole said...

OMG this is amazing Chis! Soooooo beautiful. Hugs, Nicole

DOROTHY MADEREEL said...

What a great card, very original and lovely details Thank you for joining us at the DML and hope to see you again.
Have nice sunday and love from Holland,

Dorothy

carol said...

oh WOW fabulous creation,
thanks for sharing with us at BEARLY-MINE Challenges this month
x carol

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful card! Edwin looks so cool!

Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week! Hugs Tanja

Andree said...

A fabulous card and great details. I love the bicycle die-cut.

Thank you for joining in with the Feeling Crafty challenge this month and good luck x

Unknown said...

This is really gorgeous, love the design, the colour combo. Fab work. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this time x