Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day Before Christmas Tilda and Christmas Eve Edwin at Home


Greetings!

Hello Dear Readers,

Well, Santa has come and gone! You know, there is so much excitement in the weeks before the "big day" that on Dec. 26, I feel a let down! How about you? I don't feel a sense of relief. It's more like a feeling of sadness that it is gone for another year! I love the season so much. 2014 is on the horizon. I hope that it brings each of you health and happiness.

I have a card to share with you. It is the card I made for our son and future daughter-in-law. I love how it turned out. The thing is, I forgot to take photos of the interior. DUH! That missing week between our Thanksgiving and Christmas really messed up my schedule. I was always chasing my own tail! I was always behind and struggling to catch up! It was so frustrating to me as I am a very organized person. Grrr! Anyway, I'd love to share my card with you. Here it is:



I have had this Marianne Design die since it first came out and have just now used it! Once again, while laying in bed, just before dozing off, the idea of the card came to me. I love how it turned out! I used an assortment of evergreen tree dies, Snow-tex, Stickles (on the Snow-tex), pop dots, a roller that make wavy lined paper to signify the snow. Of course, my little Tilda and Edwin were center stage. I used silver Stickles on the alphas for the word, Noel, and as an accent on Edwin's hat pompom and buttons. Here is an image that shows the layering:



You can see in the shadowing where there have been elevated sections. I did cut the house twice to allow for the dimension. Here is a closeup of Edwin and Tilda:



I did color the images with Distress Inks. I feel pretty comfortable using them.

The images are available at Magnolia-licious. Diana is having a sale on EVERYTHING IN THE STORE UNTIL 12/31. You may want to stop by and check it out! It's a good deal!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you will come back and say, "Hi!"

XO,

Chris

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

3 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Chris! It's been forever, hasn't it? Well, I can see that you're as wonderfully creative as ever. I love all the details on this card. It even has little windows that open! How precious! You've done a super job of coloring, you images really pop! Hugs, Barb

Nicole said...

Hi Chris, and again such a gorgeous and wonderful card!! Loving it!!
I wish you a happy and healthy New Year. Hugs, Nicole

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous all in white with just a pop of colour, it really makes your images stand out, I'm sure it was well received, Looking forward to another wonderful and creative year ahead
Hugs Julie P