Sunday, August 25, 2013

Magnolia Tilda Gives You a Salute!

Hello Sweet Readers,

Greetings from a COOL and cloudy section of the Mojave Desert! We have had a little rain, but lots and lots of thunder. As I'm writing this, I can hear it coming closer and closer! I know I've said this before, but I just love hearing the thunder here! It is so different from anywhere I have ever been! It just rolls and rolls and rolls off the canyons' walls. The sky is a deep blue gray. Come on rain! LOL

Today, I have a sweet card to share with you featuring Salute Tilda which you can find by clicking the link. I thought she was just adorable and was the first stamp of this collection I purchased. She reminds me of an old child star named Shirley Temple. LOL!

Here is a photo of my card. I did attach a small real starfish on top of the white one after I took the photo because I thought the white starfish die cut was just blah! By attaching a real one above it, it stands out nicely. I also elevated the anchor die cut so it had more dimension.





I bought this paper from Maja ages ago (when it first came out) and just kept it in my supplies. When the Sea Breeze Stamp Collection came out, I thought I had a perfect match. I added real shells to the beach portion of the background scene. I collected these over the years while on the Oregon Coast. For the sand, I used Fran-tage in Shabby White. I love how my ocean turned out.I added some dimensional texture paste to simulate waves. Tilda has tiny red buttons on her outfit, and there are lots of die cuts to add interest to the card. The banner is elevated on pop dots, too, as is Tilda. I love to layer.

I hope you like my creation. Before I forget (again), I promised if someone left a comment on my Super Mario Card, I would send them a little somethin', somethin'. Well, not that I remembered - duh - the lucky gal is

# 14!

Frances, that is Y-O-U!


Frances, please contact me via the e-mail above, and I'll get your prize right out to you! I give GOOD prizes! LOL Leave a comment on this post and I'll announce another lucky gal on Sept. 10!

Thank you, everyone, for leaving comments for me. I love to read them and know that what I do is appreciated. Thank you! I also want to thank you for stopping by. I know how busy everyone is. I hope you will come back soon!

Love to you,

Chris

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Totally Tilda #79 - Tilda at the Sea or at a BBQ-ends 9/7

613 Avenue Create #34 - Anything Goes - Ends 8/31 (Column 1 - image, sentiment, patterned paper; Column 2 - shaped card, die cut, paper punch, embossing; Column 3 - Fran-tage, Stickles (kindy glitz); Column 4, buttons; Column 5 - twine)

Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia #76 - Punches or Dies - ends 8/30

A Creative Romance - Masking (I masked the background scene eliminating elements from the original stamp and duplicating others to make one long ocean scene) - ends 8/30

Daring Cardmakers - Just Beachy - ends 8/30

Marvelous Magnolia #41 - Lots of Layers - ends 8/28

Divas by Design - Use Twine - ends 8/27

Fab N Funky Challenges #182 - Stick It - ends 9/3 (Alphas are stickers)

Midweek Magnolias - Shaped Cards - ends 8/28

23 comments:

Alexandra♥ said...

Fabolous card, everything goes perfect together, the design and coloring are beautiful!

MyAuntKath said...

I really like your card. On my computer the colors look great. I loved the real shells on your other card and they are so cute...especially the starfish! Keep em coming. Kathie

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

Really cute. Love the tiny buttons.

Candy said...

Great card, Chris.
I love the demension, as well as your sea shells and waves!
Terrific paper :o)
Big Hugs, Candy

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Hi Chris...love your fabulous Tilda creation..especially the tiny buttons on her skirt..too cute...thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda ...Hugz Gayle xx

Susie Sugar said...

Love your nautical card and all it's fab detail
Thanks for joining us Tildaettes down on the beach @ Totally Tilda
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love the little scene and Tilda looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda.

Nicole said...

Hi Chris, she does look like Shirley Temple. I love Shirley!! When I was a bit younger, hihih, I was really a fan of her and her movies!! And now I'm a fan of you and your gorgeous, beautifl and lovely cards. This one really is awesome!! Big hugs, Nicole

Kelly said...

Gorgeous coloring and I love how you used the boat scene twice. Tilda is marvelous and the card is just perfect.
Have a great day!
Hugs Kelly

Sheri said...

So many adorable, precious, darling details Chris! What a stunning card!!

Kathy said...

Just soooo cute! Thanks for joining in with The

Daring Cardmakers'
"Life's a Beach!" challenge this week

DesignerDiva said...

ooooh this is a bit fabulous!
Thanks for playing along with the Diva's this week for our 'Twine' challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Suzi Mac said...

A stunning card Chris, fabulous design, colouring and I love the double background you've used. Amazing work hon and one of my favourite Tilda's too.
Hugs
Suzi x

EnblogSail said...

Love the really cute sailor Tilda!
Caryl

NPurdum56 said...

Oh Chris, this is so cute! I love your coloring! The card is so cute! :) Nancee

Chris said...

Chris, this is adorable.

designermc said...

Great coloring and card design. Love the layers and all the shapes. Thanks for sharing this week over at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Nancy

Marina said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! All the details are so beautiful and fit perfectly with this Tilda.
Thanks for playing again with us at Marvelous Magnolia.

Hugs,
Marina

sue w. said...

This is wonderful. I love all the details and super colouring. Thanks for joining us at LHOSM.
Hugs Sue W.

Chana Malkah said...

I love the shape of your card! All the yummy details add visual interest and elevate the design. You did a wise thing adding the real starfish. It is one of those small details that is the hallmark of good design. Wonderful coloring of the image, as well. Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Frances said...

Oh! What a great surprise, thanks, Chris!
I'll email you right away!
Hugs
Frances

Alli Devine said...

Fabulous card so many lovely design touches, Only down side is that I now have Shirley Temple singing 'On the Good ship Lollipop' in my head Thanks for entering this weeks challenge at Fab N Funky
Alli xx

Jenny said...

Wow Beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Totally Tilda. Jen xxx