Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Genesis Trimmer is On Its Way!

I thought they forgot about me. I thought the state of the economy may have closed the company. I just couldn't believe it when I got my e-mail telling me that my Genesis Trimmer was ready to ship! I ordered it in February of 2006! Each one is hand made and comes with the most wonderful reputation! I ordered the 16" size with the edge light. I can't wait to give it a try! I hope it is everything everyone says it is! Here's what it looks like. Cool, huh?

Photobucket


Today, the temp was in the 80s. Ewww! That means it won't be cool here until November. This is the time of the year that I dread.

Last night, we had the window in our bedroom open. I could hear a coyote barking not too far in the distance. There is a river about a 1/3 of a mile (or less) from our home. I think the animals go there at night to drink and, in some cases, feed on others. The coyotes have been active as DH heard them the week before last. He said he could hear a group of them yapping their hearts out. Behind us, is a rock mesa. We live just above its base. My friend lives a couple of streets away, and she was awakened that night by their yapping, too. She figured they were on the mesa as she can't hear the river from her home. It is such a treat to hear them!

Here are some new LOs to share. I hope you like them! I'd love if you commented so I know what you thought.

This layout was done is light beige and grey. I love this photo and its colors so much that I decided to pick them up on the layout. The large alphas are pewter metal while the smaller ones are grey MM rub ons in the Beach font. Down the right side of the photo is machine stitching which I did in silver metallic thread. It looks so cool because it gives a touch of sparkle. The grey strips were punched with a border punch. The flowers are all grey and tan as are the buttons. I added journaling to the raw chipboard swirly.
Photobucket

The Common Teasel


This was a quick challenge based layout. The background card stock is a deep green. The colors on the Creative Imaginations paper are deep green, tan, and white. I used a punch to create a lacy border on the photo mat. The alphas are Thickers and the buttons are from Bag-o-Buttons.
Photobucket

Spring Treasure


We had the lovely opportunity to celebrate Valentine's Day at a fondue restaurant called The Melting Pot. Ladies were given a gift bag which contained a camera, a chocolate scented candle, chocolates, a pen, a stuffed animal, and a couple of other things. The chocolates were in the heart container seen in the layout. The shredded foil strips were also in the heart as well as the bag. I took the menu and reduced it. Then, I took the bag, cut it apart, and applied adhesive to the remaining piece by running it through a Xyron. I chose to add the best photos taken that night. It was a four course meal with a cheese fondue, salad, main course fondue (shrimp, beef, chicken, veggies in a boiling, seasoned broth), and chocolate fondue with fruit and baked treats. We had so much fun! I wanted to remember the event and chose to scrap it.
Photobucket

The Melting Pot


Thank you for stopping by! I love having you visit and hope you will return. Please share my blog with others. I'd love to see my number hit 6,000! You can help! LOL

Take care and be well!

XO,
Chris

2 comments:

Annita said...

did the trimmer arive yet ... ohh yearh of course it did *S* howelse could yout take the pic !!
love the layouts, my fave is the melting pot FANTASTIC layout !!!

hugs Annita

Kim said...

how's that trimmer working out??? I'm so jealous! :)